I'll eat Mr. Sowell alive and my brother would bury him for sure.

Peace

Melvin

Cue the brother:

Brother Melvin puts some fire to the feet of the ideological tap dancers of capital, and the dancers head towards the emergency exits,  protesting the harsh language.  Meanwhile, fire or no fire, their, the tap dancers', feet stink.

But the facts of matters are that my brother Melvin is teaching a lesson-- that rhetoric obscures reality, and the reality is class struggle.

The purveyors of the rhetoric of free markets,  greed and god, have not themselves shied away from apologizing, excusing, the physical attacks upon the poorer members of society by the agents of the wealthier-- agents such as the police, the military, the secret and not so secret night-riders.

"It's unfortunate," is offered, which means, as with everything else offered by the ideological soft shoe/hard boot men, "It's really the fault of those uncouth, unwashed, demanding poor, who just won't accept that this is all for their own benefit. But we must preserve order."

You tell me if you haven't heard that, or its equivalent, coming out of the mouths of Gilderites, Randists, Friedmaniacs, Von Miserabilists.

What is the reality of capital at its critical moments? -- Attacks on the workers.  Thatcher dismantling British Steel; shuttering the coal mines.  The dirty war in Argentina, with Daimler Benz auto plants used as ghost prisons; with Ford pointing out "troublemakers."

But no, some would rather discuss hypothetical revenue sharing in Simon and Garfunkel concerts without realizing that the expropriation begins not in the work of the roadies, but the very production of the amps, the guitars, the costumes, the lights, that make the social, commerical, presentation of such a concert possible.

Give me Brother Melvin and his fire in the belly  every time.  And I'll  bring the shovel.