There's a whole literature on measuring happiness using polling data
(indicating that up to a point, increases in GDP-defined income raises
happiness, but then it levels off, among other things). But people are
too complicated for such exercises. The only system that reduces
everything to a single dimension is capitalism (or commodity
production in general).

--
Jim Devine
[EMAIL PROTECTED]