CC writes:
...  The
single-issue approach so _over-estimates_ the power of capital that it
judges politics too complicated for ordinary people, who must be kept
content with simple immediate goals, like "Out Now." (I'm not objecting
to that slogan, I think it the only appropriate one; I'm objecting to
confining the thought of the "masses" to that level.)

The key problem is "confining the thought of the 'masses.'" A demo can
be organized around the War, but the issues that people want to bring
up should not be limited. What should be limited is certain actions,
e.g., violent attacks on the police. Not only do those hurt the
movement, but they are often the product of police agents
(provocateurs) or total idiots.

The Laundry-List
approach (which can and in the u.s. for 70 years has gone along with
tailing the DP) so _under-estimates_ the power of capital that it
believes no particular politics at all are needed but merely a
collection of people demanding that nice things happen.

somehow, we have to figure out one single theme that unifies the
laundry list, even if it alienates some of the components of a
movement. "Human liberation," democracy, and/or the "whole lives of
whole individuals" sound good, but are pretty vacuous.
--
Jim Devine / "Because things are the way they are, things will not
stay the way they are." -- Bertolt Brecht