Been thinking a bit about the Pentax bodies I have here ... ME S, MX, LX
... and while I like these cameras quite a bit, they don't seem to be as
rugged as I remember my first Spottie to be.  Of course, I may be a bit
fussier these days, and more aware of small problems.  Actually, my ME S
has been a great performer.  Bought it new and it still seems to
function perfectly, albeit it is time for a thorough CLA and refoaming.
Still, like the Timex watches of old, "it takes a licking and keeps on
ticking," although I don't know why anyone would want to lick an ME S.

My earlier LX bodies all required a lot of fiddling and maintenance,
but, in fairness, they were bought used.  The two new ones have given me
no trouble, but they are only a couple of years old, and I'd be really
miffed about spending as much as i did only to have 'em in the shop
already.

Both my MX have needed adjustments, and one has to get the shutter
release repaired now as it sometimes sticks.  Still, I love the cameras.

So, which Pentax body do you feel is the toughest ... the one you'd take
through the rain and the mud and the Atacama desert, and toss into the
back of your rattling old pickup and not worry about it getting the crap
knocked out of it?  Do you think that any of the newer AF cameras with
their Captain Marvel electronics will last on a trip through hell and
back?  Will the LX make the journey?  Maybe the MZ S (I saw John's and
liked it ... seemed better built than the other MZ bodies)?