On Feb 18, 2008, at 6:47 PM, Jonas Liljegren wrote:

Ricardo SIGNES wrote:

"Hard" and "soft" are definitely well-established terms for
describing bounces.

How about trying to define some terms?

I think what you're looking for is something like:

        http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1893.html

In my experience, it's somewhat of a losing battle to attempt to organize bounce messages so stringently, since it seems that many systems use many (sometimes, completely different) ways of bouncing out a message and the status and reports they give you may be in an attempt to spoof whatever it is that is to handle them.

I've had tons of, "fun" doing just that ;) And my systems basically ignore things it doesn't understand and then figures out if a message is a, "hard" or, "soft" bounce.

--

Justin Simoni

http://justinsimoni.com :: Art Portfolio
http://skazat.com         :: Sketchbook