On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 00:00, Caleb Cushing <xenoterrac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Having a little debate over this on a Perl::Critic ticket. I'm not
> sure anyone is sure and the docs don't say.
>
> https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=69234
>

> is it package foo { ... 1; }  or package foo { ... }; 1; ? or what?
> and is it possible this could get clarified in the next edition of the
> docs?
> --
> Caleb Cushing
>
> http://xenoterracide.com

My take on this is that

package Foo {
}

is the same thing as

{
package Foo;
}

Therefore, if your style allowed

{
package Foo;
1;
}

then it should allow

package Foo {
    1;
}

However, I think you can make a good argument for not allowing that.
A module is not a package.  The fact that it is customary for modules
to consist of one package sometimes confuses this, but there is no
requirement that a module include a package at all.  From that basis,
I would argue that

package Foo {
}

1;