On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 08:53, Chas. Owens <chas.ow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 00:00, Caleb Cushing <xenoterrac...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Having a little debate over this on a Perl::Critic ticket. I'm not
>> sure anyone is sure and the docs don't say.
>>
>> https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=69234
snip

I have just reread perlmod and perlmodlib.  It looks like they both
need a decent amount of work to bring them in line with the new
package syntax.  For instance,

    Give the module a version/issue/release number.

        To be fully compatible with the Exporter and MakeMaker modules
        you should store your module’s version number in a non‐my
        package variable called $VERSION.  This should be a floating
        point number with at least two digits after the decimal (i.e.,
        hundredths, e.g, "$VERSION = "0.01"").  Don’t use a "1.3.2"
        style version.  See Exporter for details.

Should probably be changed to refer to the second package argument
with a caveat about possibly needing $VERSION to satisfy old static
analysis code.

--
Chas. Owens
wonkden.net