On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 11:22:51PM +0200, Paul Johnson wrote:
> >     my $foo = $bar || default();  # DC ignore X|0
> >
> > "Hey, Devel::Cover!  Ignore the case where the right side of this logic is
> > false."
>
> I wasn't particularly happy with the idea of needing to change the
> source code just to satisfy some tool.  I feel the same way about doing
> things to shut up lint, for example, or to satisfy some arbitrary
> metric.  That's why I've initially stored information in a .uncoverable
> file.

Guh!  .uncoverable would presumably be line number based.  That means
every time you edit your source file you have to change all the lines in
.uncoverable.  *shudder*

The only other scheme I can think of, pattern matching based on source
code, is unreliable.

Finally, as with tests and docs, the closer you put the meta-data to
the real data the more likely it will be kept up to date.  So inline
Devel::Cover hints seem the way to go.

> Why is it that my TODO list only gets longer?

It means your code is popular and people want to use it and everybody loves
you!!!  Don't call them TODO items, call them "hug lines". ;)

--
Michael G Schwern     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
Ahh email, my old friend.  Do you know that revenge is a dish that is best