On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 08:15:59PM -0700, Buddy Burden wrote:
> David,
> > Contact the individual testers, I guess.
> I'm not sure what to say though ... "hey, dude, your automated testing
> is being rude to my tests, so go fix that?"  I mean, I wouldn't put it
> that way, obviously, but i can't help but feel like it would come out
> sounding that way ...

" This <http://...> seems like a bit of a weird test result, is X Y or Z
happening and is there anything you can recommend that I do to fix it? "

Remember, most of the testers are obsessive geeks who are used to
dealing with other obsessive geeks with minimal social skills.  As long
as you're not deliberately offensive I'm sure you'll be fine!

> Hunh.  Well, I suppose I could specifically put something (like a diag
> call) in there to spit out something every now and again, only if
> $AUTOMATED_TESTING.  Maybe that would keep people's scripts from
> assuming the thing is hung?  No, wait: a diag gets eaten by
> Test::Harness too, doesn't it?  What could I do to get the output
> through Test::Harness without making it think there's a failure?

Well, if it does turn out that having a single blah.t file take "too
long" is the problem, then you could just split it into blah-pt1.t,
blah-pt2.t, ...

--
David Cantrell | Bourgeois reactionary pig

Eye have a spelling chequer / It came with my pea sea
It planely marques four my revue / Miss Steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a quay and type a word / And weight for it to say
Weather eye am wrong oar write / It shows me strait a weigh.