My bigger concern would be inclusion of Mouse in core as a dependency,
since the direction of Perl seems to be to have fewer core modules,
not more.  I'd run that discussion by p5p/Ricardo before getting too
tied to Mouse.

Separately -- once the Perl core gets a MOP, maybe this gets
easier/faster anyway.

-- David