On 2011.11.21 8:30 AM, David Golden wrote:
> My bigger concern would be inclusion of Mouse in core as a dependency,
> since the direction of Perl seems to be to have fewer core modules,
> not more.  I'd run that discussion by p5p/Ricardo before getting too
> tied to Mouse.

Mouse won't be in the core.  TB2::Mouse (a copy of Mouse::Tiny, a single 114K
file) will, marked only for use by testing modules.  This was discussed a long
time ago with the Mouse folks and p5p, it's been the plan for quite some time.
 Neither party wanted Mouse in the core, but they were ok with a copy of
Mouse::Tiny for internal use only.

> Separately -- once the Perl core gets a MOP, maybe this gets
> easier/faster anyway.

Great, with my backwards compatibility requirements maybe I'll be able to use
it in TB3 10 years from now! :-P