On 4/11/12 12:33 PM, Michael G Schwern wrote:

Let me reiterate, I have no plans to *deprecate* `use_ok`.  Even if I wanted
to there are simply too many users to make deprecation worth while.

It works fine if what you want is a runtime require + import + assert, and
sometimes you want that.  The problem is it's been overused and has come to
replace a simple `use` in test scripts.  To that end the question is whether
to *discourage* its use in the documentation: to scale it back from "use this
when you load a module" to "use this for some special cases".

+1 to discouraging use_ok