On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Chris Prince-Colbath wrote:

> Allow customers to post anonymous ratings/reviews of the trainers on
> the list and be done with it.

Open public feedback has worked quite well for Ebay, Amazon, imdb and many
others.  Providing some sort of rating system would seem to be pretty
straight forward to implement too.  Some policing of comments may be
required.

One thing I've pondered implementing for myself is a more extensive
feedback system, but since training is just my relief from my "real" job I
haven't gotten too motivated yet.  Maybe we should make it a community
project for trainers.  I've worked with a variety of surveys provided by
companies I've done training for, from simple "please comment" cards to
fill-in the bubble evaluations that determined whether I was brought back
in the future or not.  (PHEW!  Big Corporations can really suck.)
Anyway, having something that provided a moderate number of questions with
the option for the user to remain anonymous would be really spiff.  One
issue with anonymous comments has been the impossibility to create a
dialog to resolve concerns.  Folks make some really weird comments that
would be nice if they could be understood.  So, In the ideal version of
this feedback system an anonymous remailer would be handy.  I don't think
many trainers would want the full details of this information provided to
anyone on the web; there will always be "outliers".  (If you sleep through
my class I don't care what you think!)  If a summary of an entire class'
feedback was shown on the site it would carry some weight.  We can all see
if we can train as good as Randal.  Competition!  Woo.

--
</chris>

Neither sweat, nor blood, nor frustration, or lousy manuals
nor missing parts, or wrong parts shall keep me from my task.