Looks like it wants a name and UNC will not work.......

*InitiateSystemShutdown function*

Initiates a shutdown and optional restart of the specified computer.

/*Syntax*/

InitiateSystemShutdown($MachineName,$Message,$Timeout,$ForceAppsClosed,$RebootAfterShutdown);

$MachineName    String that specifies the network name of the computer to
shut down. No unc.
$Message        String that specifies a message to display in the shutdown
dialog box. This parameter can be NULL if no message is required.
$Timeout        Specifies the time (in seconds) that the dialog box should be
displayed. While this dialog box is displayed, the shutdown can be
stopped by the AbortSystemShutdown function.If zero, the computer shuts
down without displaying the dialog box, and the shutdown cannot be
stopped by AbortSystemShutdown.
$ForceAppsClosed        Specifies whether applications with unsaved changes
are to be forcibly closed. If this parameter is TRUE, such applications
are closed. If this parameter is FALSE, a dialog box is displayed
prompting the user to close the applications.
$RebootAfterShutdown    Specifies whether the computer is to restart
immediately after shutting down. If this parameter is TRUE, the computer
is to restart.

*/Example/*

use Win32;

Win32::InitiateSystemShutdown ('MONTY_PYTHON',300,0,0);

$! = Win32::GetLastError();

if ($!) then {
        print "Can't get it down : $! \n"; }
else {
        print "on is way ...\n"; }

*/Remarks/*

This function only works with NT. I just can't get this function
shutting down a local computer. To shut down a remote computer, the
calling process must have the REMOTE_SHUTDOWN privilege on the remote
computer.