From: Bill Luebkert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 07 February 2008 13:21
To: David Evans
Cc: perl-win32-admin@listserv.ActiveState.com
Subject: Re: Problem with Win32::InitiateSystemShutdown

David Evans wrote:
> Hi
>

> I am having a problem with the Win32::InitiateSystemShutdown module.
> When I use the following code snippit:
>
>     use Win32;
>
>     Win32::InitiateSystemShutdown('10.10.10.10', 'log out !', 30, 1,
> 1) or die print $!;
>

> I get:
>

>     No such file or directory1 at
> _C:/Scripting/Remote_Reboot/reboot2.pl
> line 4_.
>
>     at C:/Scripting/Remote_Reboot/reboot2.pl line 4
>
> I am running:
>
> Windows XP SP2
> Activestate Perl 5.8.8 build 822
> Developing & debugging in Eclipse 3.3.1.1 with EPIC 0.6.13

Where did you get the impression that an IP address was an acceptable
argument for machine name ?  I don't think it is (I could be wrong).
Why not try a name instead ?  Also try $^E or Win32::GetLastError and
see if you can get any further error indication, but I still suspect
it's the IP address that isn't allowed.

**********************

the system manager.

by MONSOON for the presence of computer viruses.

Monsoon Accessorize Ltd

Registered Company Number: 01098034

Registered Office:

Monsoon Building