darrik wrote:
Glenn Linderman wrote:
I'll keep one backup per day-of-the-week so the script chooses the directory for the day of the week, and then does your command. So I'll always have 7 copies, generally from the last 7 days, and, no doubt, often redundant when not much is happening. But only when I'm not on vacation, so there will be some sporadic behaviour then, when some of my backups could be older... it is part of my bootup-first-time-each-day script.

If it's helpful, I have a linux server running 24/7 at my house, so I
can automate a daily backup and keep them as far back as it suits you
guys (as I'm not in any danger [yet] of filling the 800GBs of disk space
on it). ;)

I'll set that up Monday at first opportunity.

That'd be great. If you'd be willing to automate backing up some other stuff, then drop me a line, and we'll work out what we should be backing up, and how often.

Regards,
Rob.