All,

I am getting a crash when using Perl 5.10 and Win32::GUI 1.6. The same
application doesn't crash under 5.8.7 or 5.8.8. I've tracked down the
"problem", but I'm not convinced it's the actual underlying issue. The crash
was occurring at:

GUI_Helpers.cpp line 757 proc WindowsHookMsgProc

When I was selecting from the main menu of the application. The problem is the
line:

arrayref = av_fetch(perlud->avHooks, WM_TRACKPOPUP_MSGHOOK, 0);

where:

perlud->avHooks

contains zero (NULL)

Simply adding:

if (perlud->avHooks !=NULL ) {

before the call to the av_fetch stops the crash and the application runs
normally.

A potentially related issue is that I'm also getting:

Can't call method "STORE" on an undefined value during global destruction.

When the application exits. Again, this doesn't happen under 5.8.7 or 5.8.8. I
am therefore suspecting a reference count issue somewhere? Any thoughts? I am
going to try and create a simple test case.

Cheers,

jeremy.