Dada,

Attached is a diff of the changes I had to make to get Win32::GUI to
compile and run on WinNT 4.0sp3, using MS Visual C++ 6.0 sp1, and Perl
5.00503 for MSWin32-x86-thread.

I know almost nothing about C and C programming... these are just the
changes I made to get it to compile.

In brief:
- one typo: GetGetWindowLong --> GetWindowLong
- moved one declaration closer to the beginning of a function
- Dropped in 3 dTHR; so it would compile under threaded perl... I
remember having to do this back with the mod_perl perl module was just
beginning to have thread support.

Here are the warnings I got while compiling:
GUI.xs(8385) : warning C4047: '=' : 'struct _TREEITEM *' differs in
levels of indirection from 'int '
GUI.xs(8495) : warning C4047: '=' : 'struct _TREEITEM *' differs in
levels of indirection from 'int '
GUI.xs(507) : warning C4700: local variable 'obj' used without having
been initialized

Note: I also get a lot of "Use of uninitialized value during global
destruction" messages to the console when running the sample scripts.

Garrett

gui.xs.patch

Win32_GUI_332_Perl_5005_03-thread.tgz