From: Aldo Calpini [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 1:58 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [perl-win32-gui] List view select function

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Below you can see a subroutine I use to select files out of a
> list view based on some search string.
> This works in that it goes through the items in the listview,
> finds the ones that fit the criteria, selects them with the
> $ListView->Select() function and when it's all done it counts
> how many items are selected (with ListView->>SelectCount) and
> displays the output.
> The only problem is that you can't SEE which items it has
> selected. They are selected, but not highlighted.
>
> Any ideas?

have you tried -showselalways => 1 ?
I mean, when you create $ListView:

    $ListView = $Window->AddListView(
        # stuff...
        -showselalways => 1,
    );

the default behaviour for ListViews and TreeViews is to highlight
the selection only when the control has focus. with -showselalways
you can tell the control to always show the selection (although
it will be kind of black-on-gray, not your-favorite-highlight-color).

cheers,
Aldo