Whenever I try and show or hide an image right before I run an external
command (i.e. backticks), instead of changing the image and then running the
command the image seems to get stuck in an in between state.  It's as though
Perl does not wait for the show/hide command to finish before galloping off
to the external command.  For example,  I have a graphic doodad that can be
red, green or yellow (i.e. traffic light) thus I have three images occupying
the same space on the GUI.  Two are always hidden and one is not.  When I
run the external command to start an NT service I want the doodad to switch
from red to yellow.  Then, once the service is started I want it to be
green.  Right now it just switches from red to a big grey spot the size of
the image and then goes straight to green when the command is finished.  Any
help would be great.

Adam W. Klaum
[EMAIL PROTECTED]