This isn't a Win32::GUI question but just a basic Perl question.

I start my program and immediately it connects to an FTP site and downloads the most
recent updated data file.  While
the program is running it is possible that the data file gets updated and sent to the
FTP site.  The user can select a
menu option that will connect to the FTP site and download the update.  The problem is
that it doesn't do this.  Even
though it connects and downloads the data file, it still uses the old data.  It only
gets the new data if I restart the
program and I use the exact same routine to download the data file each time.  I have
even deleted the data file from
the hard drive before the download but when the download is complete it brings back
the old data.

Does anyone know why this is happening?  It has become frustrating seeing the old data
coming back on the update and
having to restart the program to get the new data.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jonathan Southwick