From: "Aldo Calpini" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Laurent ROCHER wrote:
> > When i run perl Makefile.PL ( I'm on win98/4dos/ActiveState 522 ).
> > I have this :
> >> Usage: xsubpp [-v] [-C++] [-except] [-prototypes]
> >> [-noversioncheck] [-nolinenumbers] [-s pattern]
> >> [-typemap typemap]... file.xs
> >> Writing Makefile for Win32::GUI
> >
> > I have a makefile ( and seem good )  and a file  &1 in the
> > directory.
> > I think it's probably a redirection command don't work.
>
> yes, it's normal on Win 9x. the bogus shell does not recognize
> the '&&' and '>&1' syntaxes. I seem to remember somewhere someone
> mentioned a cmd32.exe program that would replace the Win 9x
> command.com with a NT-compatible command interpreter which has
> these features enabled. you can try a search with Altavista
> or Lycos and grab that file; then I presume you would need
> to change your COMSPEC env var to point to the new shell, but
> I didn't test it.
>
> Aldo

Hello

    I have test with nt shell equivalent, but i have the same problem
(probably a bad configuration).

    But, i found where the redirection call is. it's in package
ExtUtils::MM_Unix.
    When, it check for the xsubpp version :
        my $command = "$self->{PERL} -I$self->{PERL_LIB} $xsubpp -v 2>&1";

    I have delete 2>&1 and now the check version work ok.

    So, my 4dos shell work ok . I have only change the && with a carriage
return
    in the makefile.PL.

Laurent.