Hi Robert,

> I'm having some problems installing Tk.pm on a Windows 2K machine
> using Perl 626
> ppm installs all the files but they are all zero length.
> Any Ideas how to get around this? I've tried downloading the zip file
> and doing a local ppm but it still fails.

If you've got MS VC++ compiler, then compiling and installing version
800.022 from CPAN source is easy to do.

As for the ppm - a few things you can check, if you haven't already:

Does the zip that you downloaded contain full (as opposed to zero length)
files ? Unzip the windows tar.gz file that comes in the zip and check. ( I'd
be surprised if they are zero length, but you never know.)

Check also that the installed files are, in fact, empty. Perhaps windows is
simply misrepresenting their length. (Also highly unlikely.)

Does running ppm produce any messages that might provide a clue ?

Have you previously installed other modules using ppm ?

Can you still successfully install other modules with ppm ?

Cheers,
Rob