> my $file = MARC::Record->new_from_xml($marc->serialize(),"UTF-8","MARC21");
>        $epdata = $plugin->EPrints::Plugin::Import::MARC::convert_input(
> $file );
>
> and here come troubles: only few metadatas will be interpreted
> correctly, losing a lot of datas.

Ummm, so what metdata makes it through?  I see examples of what you
feed it, but not what is coming out.  Just from looking quickly at the
MarcXML the only thing that seems really weird right away is the
trailing 008 for the control field for the leader.  Don't know what
the xsd states about the ordering, but typically all the controlfields
are at the top of a MARC record.

Jon Gorman