Tom Christiansen writes:
> if you truly must--are important things.  If the perl6:perl5
> relationship is similar in breadth to what we saw in the  perl5:perl4
> one, then perhaps, maybe even probably, one will get away with it.
> However, if the stretch is appreciably further, I don't think one
> will.

What you say makes sense, and I agree that radical changes to the
language will pose us problems.  However, I'm stubbornly not thinking
about that until after Larry shows us what perl6 will look like.  It
may be that Larry will boil down everyone's suggestions into something
that looks like perl5, walks like perl5, but quacks like Python and
Java's love-child amped up on a batch of cheap Eiffel crank.

Nat