Damian Conway wrote:
Ken Fox wrote:
The < must begin the circumfix <> operator.
Or the circumfix <<...>> operator. Which is the problem here.
This is like playing poker with God. Assuming you can get over
the little hurdles of Free Will and Omniscience, there's still
the problem of Him pulling cards out of thin air.

What does the circumfix <<...>> operator do? [1]

Here docs are re-syntaxed and the << introducer was stolen
for the <<...>> operator? [2]

Yes. But since iterating an iterator to get another iterator that
is immediately iterated will (I sincerely hope!) be a very rare
requirement, I doubt it will be anything like the serious inconvenience
it is in C++.
True. I suppose even multi-dimensional data structures will
rarely be iterated over with a simple:

  for < <$array> > {
  }

Most people will probably want more control:

  for <$array> {
     for <$_> {
     }
  }

Anyways, I was wondering about the general principle of using
C++ style hacks to make yacc happy. I should have known better
coming from the author of "C++ Resyntaxed". Did the immodest
proposal fix < <> > syntax? ;)

- Ken

[1] I can't google for <<. Anybody know if Google can add perl6
operators to their word lists? Seriously!

[2] Hmm. Will the uproar on here docs beat string concatenation?