Ken Fox lamented:

Or the circumfix <<...>> operator. Which is the problem here.
This is like playing poker with God.
I hear God prefers dice.

What does the circumfix <<...>> operator do?
It's the ASCII synonym for the «...» operator, which is a
synonym for the qw/.../ operator.

Here docs are re-syntaxed and the << introducer was stolen
for the <<...>> operator?
Nope. Heredocs still start with <<.

Anyways, I was wondering about the general principle of using
C++ style hacks to make yacc happy. I should have known better
coming from the author of "C++ Resyntaxed". Did the immodest
proposal fix < <> > syntax? ;)
But of course! In SPECS, type parameters live in unambiguously
nestable (and yacc parsable) <[...]> delimiters.

Damian