"Martin D Kealey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> I would suggest that exponent-radix should default to the same as radix.
>
> So
>
>   10:1.2.3:4.5:6    == 123450000
>   2:1:1:1110        == 0x6000
>   60:22.0.-27::-2   == 21.9925

For some reason, I find those almost impossible to read.

We have constant-propagation in the compiler (or can assume we do); and we
have overloading of functions. So the following could behave like a literal:

  $a = num( radix=>256, digits => [ [0xff, 0b11111111] , [255, 0c377] ],
exponent => 2<<16 );

  assert( $a == 0xffffffff );

Anyone who wants to do something that nasty shouldn't care that it looks
like a function call. Its a very rare thing to do, so it doesn't need
special syntax.

Dave.