On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 10:55:43AM -0500, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
: But perhaps the reduce operator is some of that sufficiently advanced
: technology that "knows" how the operator it wraps is slotted and does
: something appropriate.

Possibly.  Or we just define infix .{}. and .[]. variants, or some such.

: Also, does the reduction operator have the same magic as its alphabetic
: twin such that it can pull N things at a time from the list for
: operators that require N operands?

No.  [x] tokens are simple string matching.  They have no internal
structure, or we'll not be able to tell them from array composers.

Larry