On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 01:22:08PM +0100, Roland Giersig wrote:
> How about a two-step requirement?
>
> 1) Native compiler must support ANSI-C.
>
> 2) If 1) doesn't hold, gcc can be required, which fulfills ANSI-C.

strictly and really pedant point no it doesn't quite, as ANSI specifies
the compiled language and the library functions.

eg gcc on SunOS 4.1.1 doesn't give an 100% ANSI C because the C library
sprintf() returns a char* pointing to the buffer rather than the number
of characters written to the buffer. [I remember things that bite me.
Also, don't pick up squirrels. The pointed end bites]

Not that that's important. But fflush(NULL) is, and we still seem to run
into that one on one current platform

But I agree with what you're saying.

Nicholas Clark