On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 02:46:21PM -0500, Michel J Lambert wrote:
> My methodology in creating this patch was to first apply Daniel's patch,
> and then get it working. His patch had significant changes to an older
> version of pbc2c.pl, which I tried to apply to the newest version. I then
> proceeded to try and integrate them back into the current version of the
> code. I guess it simplified enough that the new file was completely
> identical to the original, sans whitespace. So I don't believe anything
> has changed.

Quick check: use 'diff -b' to compare while ignoring whitespace.

> Per the previous paragraph, I believe it should still work fine. I'm not
> familiar with the existing bytecode to C compiler, and didn't know it used
> CGoto.pm. I don't see *why* it does, since C.pm, CPrederef.pm, and
> CGoto.pm seem to me like they should be used for the various cores. I'm
> not sure how I use this compiler, but I think I've made a decent amount of
> changes to CGoto.pm such that it either won't work, or will suddenly have
> all it's problems fixed. Can anyone tell me how I'm supposed to use
> pbc2c.pl?

Read docs/running.pod. Last time I left it, pbc2c.pl worked. (I think
I only touched CGoto.pm to fix it last time, though.)

pbc2c requires similar enough functionality to the ops cores that I
think it should remain an OpTrans/ modules. But I'd vote that your
computed goto core should get the CGoto.pm name, and the existing one
for pbc2c.pl should be renamed to something else. PlainC? Native?
Decompile?

>From a cursory look at your patch, I doubt many of your changes will
really make sense for pbc2c. Though there might be enough in common
for one to subclass the other (or pull out a common superclass); I
don't know.

> Problems with my patch:
> + includes a commenting-out of the keyed function. That probably should
> not be in this computed-goto patch.

I just submitted a patch that may conflict with this, that makes the
keyed stuff work when used internally. I don't know if it'll get
committed, though.

Hm, on a second look, I think they may not conflict after all. I don't
think I ended up touching set_keyed.

Your patch had Windows droppings all over it -- there's a carriage
return at the end of every line. Is there some way you can suppress
those?