If memory serves me right, Leon Brocard wrote:
> Loaded...
> dlfunced...
> ../parrot: relocation error: /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0: undefined symbol:
>pthread_mutexattr_init

I don't know if this is twisting the knife in the wound ... but it works
for me ...

[gopal@mushroom parrot]$ perl assemble.pl acme.pasm > acme.pbc
[gopal@mushroom parrot]$ ./parrot acme.pbc
Loaded...
dlfunced...
SDL_Init worked just fine
[gopal@mushroom parrot]$

> How would I do this for the parrot code?

You can't link in static libs (.a) with parrot or any other form of
dlopen/dlsym ... Check if you have a libpthread.so somewhere ... if
you have , then it will work .... (glibc-devel has it ,IIRC) ..

And one *minor* point ... you'll need to do this in an Xterm .. the
SDL libs need X11 to initialize ..

Gopal