Jonathan Sillito <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This patch converts parrot to a continuation passing style.

You seem to be changing current tests WRT invoke - does invoke still
work as it did? Or more specifically: Do imcc tests and perl6 test still
pass?

> I am not satisfied with the time taken to make a call. I did some rough
> benchmarking and the parrot implementation makes us slower than python
> 2.2.1.

Optimized parrot build?

> $ perl assemble.pl test.pasm >test.pbc ; time ./parrot  test.pbc

CGP or jit should be a lot faster.

Some minor remarks:
- the changes s/interp/interpreter/ make it harder the read the real
  changes - and I don't see any benefit to rename variable names.
- you are undoing some PMC_data changes.

leo