On Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 12:44:50PM -0400, John Porter wrote:
> Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
> >
> > Gee, I'd hate to lose simple assignment to a hash from a list.
>
>       foo %= bar;

No, wait, that obviously leaves the modulus of division scalar foo by
scalar bar to foo...  No, wait, tha obviously sets the value of lvalue
method cal foo to the modulus...  No, wait, that applies vectorwise %
by the elements of the array bar to all thef elements of the array foo
and leaves the moduli in place at foo...  No, wait, that's a Ionian
columnhead lying in the ground...

> Hmm, I think I need to write an RFC!

I think I need to fork() a few extra copies of myself to keep up
with the deluge of RFCs.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen