At 07:32 PM 8/27/00 +0000, Perl6 RFC Librarian wrote:
>=head2 Prototypes
>
>Currently, several built-ins do not provide prototype information.
>
>     prototype("CORE::abs")  ==>  ;$
>     prototype("CORE::shift")  ==>  undef
>
>This must be fixed. One might even call this a bug, although the
>current prototype mechanism is not powerful enough to cope with all
>built-ins.

I think you can't just leave it at that; the implication of this
requirement is that there should be a prototype for print's optional
filehandle.  Not only is there no prototype for that right now, there's no
way for user code (AFAIK) to recognize such a beast.  As long as the
optional filehandle syntax survives to P6, you'll have to address it.

I think it would be a good thing for user prototypes to be able to handle
this case and I wholeheartedly support the RFC; but it opens a can of worms
that should be addressed.  Perhaps in another RFC.  Do any other (Damian)
RFCs on (Damian) prototyping impact (Damian) this area?
--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies