I guess nobody mentioned this, so I don't know how people on perl-language
feel about 'do it the same was as <language>', but I took a small jump into
Haskell a while back (barely enough to consider myself a beginner), but even
after just a little bit of time with it, I think I'd almost expect the
default zip behavior to stop zipping after the least amount of elements.