On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, H.Merijn Brand wrote:

FEAR: Perl6 will not be able to fix the stigma of "just a scripting
language" or "line noise"

perl5 has never been "just a scripting language"

But sadly enough it is often _perceived_ as such. And also like "line noise", as the person you're answering to correctly states: an opinion we all beg to differ, I suppose, but a widespread one indeed...

Michele
- Xah Lee trolling in clpmisc,