On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Rob Kinyon wrote:

On 10/25/05, Juerd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think it'd be great if +=, ~=, +&=, ++, etc, could all assume $_ on
their LHS when there is no obvious operand.
[snip]
Especially bare ++ would be useful, I think.

Did you post this specifically to anti-address the fear that P6 will
be more line-noise-ish than P5? :-p

No, to address the fear that P6 won't be just as suitable for {obfuscation,golfing} as P5 is and that it would spoil those cultures.

Incidentally I think it'd be great too.

Michele
--
Free software, not just Linux, is a major problem for Microsoft.
It's a big mistake thinking they don't understand free software, or its mechanics. They understand it all too well, and they don't like it - not one little bit!