On 2008 May 26, at 10:19, TSa wrote:
John M. Dlugosz wrote:
I have similar thoughts. I'm thinking that some macros will aid in writing proper setters via a tie-like mechanism that don't require any core language changes, so it's not a real problem. That is, a reusable proxy class that you can construct to run the setter body code, and package it up so you write it like a method.

I wonder if that couldn't simply be

    method attr is rw
    {
       return self.blahh;
    }

Or am I missing something?

What if you want to store a modification of the value? e.g. compatibility method to set a length in inches when the stored length is in millimeters.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED]