Dave Whipp wrote:
I actually agree that your explicit definition (a simple/efficient implementation in terms of other operators) is better for prelude than my "declarative" form (which isn't really declarative, because Perl6 isn't a declarative language). My only disagreement was with your earlier statement in this thread, where you said that prelude.pm should use a declarative style.

I think we agree that what you really meant was that it should be written in an explicit self-referential style; and that it should avoid "programming" implementations as much as possible (e.g. prefer hyper-ops over explicit loops)

Yes, I agree; what you stated in the second paragraph here is what I considered important for a prelude.pm. -- Darren Duncan