Daniel Ruoso wrote:
I know this is not the approach you had in mind, but what do you think?

Well, you really made me realize that I'm looking for things that make
me impressed, and probably I don't get impressed that easy nowadays ;)

I understand. Your experience with Perl 6 makes you harder to impress. So you are probably not impressed by the fact that you can do this:

But what if I told you that my university professor (while I was in university) chose to teach in Python because he saw that in Python you could do "if a < b < c:" and he thought "oh! that's so cool!".

You know what you might want to do? Start with simple but neat examples that everyone can understand (such as the if statement) and work upward to more complex examples, so that your last example is something really impressive. I figure that if you work up to it gradually, the audience will not be intimidated when they see a large powerful example.

Daniel.