GB> On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 10:14:36AM -0400, Chaim Frenkel wrote:
>> As much as I'm not for it, would
>>
>> having
>>
>> sub foo :method {}           # In objects vtbl
>> and
>> sub foo {}                   # only if procedural call
>>
>> being a valid construct and having perl dispatch appropriately, be
>> viable?

GB> What does it mean ? Can the first only ever be called as a methoed and the
GB> second as a procedure ? Will we have to define both foo's ?

That was my suggestion. And the _author_ if supplying a dual mode
module would define both. Either one in terms of the other in order to
save coding. Or if there were a good reason, two seperate versions.

As I said I'm not enamoured of this suggestion. But it's a thought.

Do you think perl can dynamically create one of the styles from the
other?

<chaim>
--
Chaim Frenkel                                        Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                               +1-718-236-0183