On Tue, 2009-24-03 at 21:10 +0100, James Fuller wrote:
> creating a logo by committee is probably the worst way to design such
> things ... perl6 logo will be seen in the context of other more
> professionally designed logos and like it or not using the basics of

I hate the java stuff (professional).  I don't think much of the debian
stuff either (amateur).  Some of the things suggested here have been
pretty good.

[snip]
> Is there any sponsorship money to spend on a very good graphic
> designer to create something based on a small list of requirements as
> to what meaning it should convey ?

How was the parrot logo created ??  I saw a suggestion here that it is
professionally designed but that wasn't confirmed.  It looks good enough
to me regardless.

I don't see a problem with a long list ...

> Of course the logo should represent the community fundamentally, but I
> find all of the suggestions little to do with addressing needs of a
> logo versus needs of what I would call more of a 'club' badge.

... I see the suggestions here as necessary input.

> I mention these concerns because I would like perl6 to be adopted to
> as wide a developer audience as possible.

I don't think the logo will make much difference.

I don't particularly care much about *what* the logo is or *how* it is
created.  I've only been offering comments as feedback to the people who
are actually working on it.  Beauty is better than not.

> my 2p, Jim Fuller

[snip]

--
--gh