On 2015-02-05 at 16:55:34 -0500, Demian Riccardi wrote:
> I wish I could inline graphics!  ... from plot.ly!!!

Working on it! I had an idea for doing this cleanly that I know I can
implement quickly.

Basic idea:

  An object can have a method iperl_inline_html( %opts ) which returns
  an HTML string representation that can be sent to the IPython
  notebook.

  This method will be called automatically at the end of a cell or when
  `IPerl->show( $obj )` (or `show( $obj )`) is called.

These can easily added to any Perl objects using roles. First targets
that I will test are PDL::Graphics::Gnuplot and WebService::Plotly.

I'll also provide utility functions image( Path::Class|Str|PDL $img )
and audio( Path::Class|Str|PDL $audio ) wrappers that will do the right
thing (make inline PNGs and MP3s).

As for wrapping P::G::Gnuplot, I might have to figure out a way to do
that lazily, since $w->plot( ) plots immediately.

What do you think? I'd like some feedback since I won't be the only one
using the interface.

Cheers,
- Zaki Mughal