Hi Luis-

I think you are tickling one of the known issues
with proper longlong type support in PDL.  Here
is the original bug report (but I don't know if
your problem comes about in exactly the same fashion).
At any rate, it is definitely a wart on the longlong
support.

  http://sourceforge.net/p/pdl/bugs/343/
#343 longlong constructor and display lose digits due to implicit double precision conversions

Regards,
Chris

On 2/16/2015 11:49, Luis Mochan wrote:
This is a nice solution, the answer is also correct. I have to spend
some time trying to understand some PDL nuances there.
I'm attaching a slightly commented versionin case it helps

Not sure why
you're having the errors due to 64-bit numbers though.
:( Can someone else confirm the error. I just found the same in an IBM
System x3105:

    pdl> p longlong(10)%longlong(5) # congruences fail in my pdl
    74645504
    pdl> p 600851475143%71   #perl gets it right
    0
    pdl> p longlong(600851475143)%longlong(71) #pdl gets it wrong
    74711040

The lines above show that the problem is not my perl nor my
hardware, but my pdl.

Regards,
Luis