Hi,

I had a chance to test the six new fonts (Homa, Koodak, Nazli, Roya, Terafik, Titr) briefly.
I have some points:

1. Arabic Hamza Above (U+0654), Arabic Hamza Below (U+0655), Arabic Subscript Alef (U+0656) and Arabic Maddah Above (U+0653) behave differently from Arabic Fatha and so on. They behave more like a letter. Also, try as an example the result of Arabic Letter Waw (U+0648) + Arabic Hamza Above (U+0654) compared to Arabic Letter Waw With Hamza Above (U+0624).
2. Arabic Letter Alef Maksura (U+0649) in initial and middle form is shown incorrectly as single and end form (the same as famous Farsi Yeh problem).

BTW, all the numerals are the same shape in different fonts.

Best
-ali-

Roozbeh Pournader wrote:

A new beta version (0.3) of FarsiWeb project's Persian fonts is now
available. This contains various improvements to the 0.2 version, and
contains new fonts Terafik (normal and bold) and Nazli (named so because
of a trademark problem with the name "Nazanin").

Also, Terafik and Titr fonts now contain embedded bitmaps at certain
sizes to ease readablity on displays, which will make them more suitable
for web use.

According to our best knowledge, FarsiFonts are the first Unicode
compliant versions of these fonts, and the first set of fonts ever to
conform to the Iranian national standard ISIRI 6219. The fonts currently
support the Persian, Arabic, and Azerbaijani languages (as written in
the Arabic script).

This is a beta release and contains known bugs, so use the fonts at your
own risk. But we appreciate bug reports or requests for enhancements.
Bug reports should be sent to the email address "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".
(Please note that we cannot answer all the emails sent to the address.)

You can download your copy from:

http://www.farsiweb.info/font/farsifonts-0.3.zip

The fonts are conforming to the Unicode, ISIRI 6219, OpenType, and Adobe
glyph naming standards as much as possible. The support will increase in
newer versions, which will contain more fonts, more glyphs, and most
importantly, better support for small sizes for selected fonts which
make them suitable for web use.

You can freely share and distribute all of the fonts, if you don't sell
them directly (with no accompanying software), or change or rename them.
Some of these fonts are licensed under the GNU General Public License
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html#GPL), which will give you
even more rights as a user and developer. For more details, see the
license field of the fonts themselves, and the file COPYING or
COPYING.txt in the zip file. Other kinds of licensing is also available
from Sharif FarsiWeb Inc, which can be contacted at "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".

The FarsiFonts project is sponsored by the High Council of Informatics
of Iran (http://www.shci.ir/) and Sharif University of Technology
(http://www.sharif.edu/). We wish to thank them for supporting standards
and free software.

I finally wish to thank Elnaz Sarbar, Behnam Esfahbod, Behnam Pournader,
Aidin Nassiri, Behdad Esfahbod, and Alireza Kheirkhahan for their work
on the fonts. This was impossible without their labors.

Roozbeh Pournader,
Sharif FarsiWeb Inc