Thanks to three Mac users on this list, I was able to collect some basic
info on Persian Mac computing here:

http://students.washington.edu/irina/persianword/mac.html

I hope this will fill an information gap for the users as well as provide
a place in English for the Apple people to see that they do have a few
Persian customers who are suffering from neglect. More feedback is
encouraged and I'll update as needed.

I also took the opportunity to throw in a gratuitous, not-so-nice
provocation which is aimed not only to excuse the Mac browsers for their
shortcomings but also to encourage someone here to make a perfect, model
testpage for Persian browsing. Since [most] webmasters want their site to
actually work on all computers, we have no testpage. This is what I said:

"It is important to keep in mind that there are almost no real Persian
websites one can use as a test for the browser.  That is because most
webmasters have dumbed down their site to make it work on Win9x and also
to compensate for buggy fonts and general lack of complete Persian fonts.
Therefore one rarely finds ZWNJ, Hamza above Heh, Persian numbers, small
vowels, Persian Yeh, Persian Kaf, etc."

-Connie