If memory serves me correctly, the most recent classification places Lyctidae as a subfamily (Lyctinae) of Bostrichidae.

Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless

-----Original message-----
From: bugma...@aol.com
To: pestlist@museumpests.net
Sent: Fri, Feb 4, 2011 12:45:40 GMT+00:00
Subject: [pestlist] Powderpost Beetles

Group -

Questions concerning powderpost beetles have recently arisen. Over the past 35 years, I have provided expert witness testimony as an entomologist specializing in urban pest management in hundreds of wood-destroying litigation matters in numerous states. I am attaching a summary of information about powderpost beetles for your review. Feel free to ask questions about your specific situations.

Thomas A. Parker, PhD
President, Entomologist
Pest Control Services, Inc.
469 Mimosa Circle