Ryan, Thanks for sending the specimens. As I suggested in an
earlier email,

"I think they look more like _Corticaria_ species (hard
to say, the image can't be zoomed in without losing definition) or
something similar. These would be beetles that belong to the
Latridiidae. Older literature/name is listed as Lathridiidae.",

they
are representatives of the family Latridiidae (minute brown scavenger
beetles), genus _Corticaria_, and not ground beetles, members of the
family Carabidae. Antennae not filiform, but have last 3 segments of
antennae enlarged. Hind trochanters normal, not expanded, extended.
Probably _Corticaria serrata._

"I recently found these little guys in
a historic house on property. Here are the environmental conditions:

·
Specimens were located almost exclusively on 2nd floor

· Specimens
were found on wood floors (unfinished) with gaps in between boards and
an inaccessible void underneath

· Specimens found mostly under beds
and on insect monitors

· A few specimens found on a wool blanket
(dead) folded on a colonial era bed"

Since latridiids feed
exclusively on molds, fungi, there must be something going on in that
area that allows mold & fungi to grow. It may not be a large growth, but
enough to support a latridiid population. It may be a water leak,
seepage, condensation, something that isn't obvious but related to a
moisture condition. It could be on the lower floor and the beetles are
crawling up to the 2nd floor because it's easier in some way to get to
where you are finding them. Could be on a higher lever and they are
coming down. There may be another explanation, maybe you will find out
more information during your investigation. Keep us informed.

On Thu,
8 Dec 2011 18:38:23 -0500, bugma...@aol.com wrote:

> This is a message
from the Museumpests List.
pestlist@museumpests.net
> To unsubscribe please look at the footer of
this email.

> It has
filiform antennae and certainly looks like a ground beetle.

> Tom
Parker

(Ryan)
pm

pestlist@museumpests.net [1]
> To unsubscribe please look at the footer
of this email.

> One
more….

no quotes please.

> You are receiving the Pestlist emails in standard
mode.
imail...@museumpests.net [4] with this command in the body:

> set
mode digest pestlist