I hope you don't mind if I jump in, but since you are already talking about
Latridiidae...

We've had minute brown scavenger beetles in our building, and they were
concentrated in cardboard boxes containing bubble wrap.  They were in a climate
controlled space (68F/48%rh).  I have a couple of theories of where the beetles
might be coming from, but any suggestions as to why they keep going after our
bubble wrap?  I'm guessing it has something to do with the plastic trapping
moisture which would promote mold growth, but we don't see any evidence of mold
on the bubble wrap.  It also makes me question the use of bubble wrap in
collections.  Does anyone out there have more experience with Latridiidae and
know why they want my bubble wrap and how I can keep them out of it?  Or care
to comment on bubble wrap as a safe harbor for mold?

Thanks,
Amber

the warhol:
Amber E. Morgan
Associate Registrar
117 Sandusky Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
T 412.237.8306
F 412.237.8340
E morg...@warhol.org
W www.warhol.org<http://www.warhol.org/>
The Andy Warhol Museum
One of the four Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh
Email newsletter http://members.carnegiemuseums.org/email
Membership http://members.carnegiemuseums.org/SupportCMP